Ewf at the University of Hull
Department of History,
University of Hull,
Hull, HU6 7RX,
Telephone: +44 (0)1482 346311
Download campus maps (Hull and Scarborough, including directions – PDF)
Hull Paragon Interchange is in the city centre and provides easy access between rail, coach and local bus services all under the same roof. A taxi rank is located outside the main entrance of the station that will take you to the University or halls of residence.
Buses are available from Paragon Interchange to the Hull campus on average every 10 minutes during the day. It will cost approximately £1.60 for a single fare (price correct as at May 2011).
Check out the EYMS (East Yorkshire Motor Services) website for all available bus timetables between the University of Hull (including halls of residence) and Hull City Centre.
Coaches to Hull are available via National Express and link with other national and European services. The coach terminal is located next to the rail station. Coaches to London terminate at Victoria Station.
There are taxis available at the Paragon Interchange as you go out of the front of the railway station. A taxi will cost approximately £5 from the train station to the University.
For those arriving by car, there is a series of ‘University’ road signs that will direct you to the campus and halls of residence, depending on the direction you’re arriving from…
Travelling to the Hull campus via M62 & A63
- Take the A15/A164 Humber Bridge exit, just after the Fuel Station on the left. At first roundabout go straight on. At second roundabout turn left onto the A164 following the sign for Universities.
- At next roundabout go straight on. Swanbridge Veterinary Practice will be on your right.
- After 2.3 miles the next roundabout will appear (The Ketch Pub will be on your right). Go straight on, passing a fuel station on either side.
- At next roundabout go straight on. Total Fitness Gym will be on your right.
- At the next roundabout turn right onto Castle Road following signs for Castle Hill Hospital.
- Drive to the end of Castle Road, passing the hospital on the left. At the bottom turn left at the mini roundabout.
- Turn right at the next mini roundabout onto South Street. Go straight ahead at the lights Go straight at the next mini roundabout, passing The Railway Pub on your right and over the level crossing.
- At the next roundabout turn right onto Hull Road. Bear left remaining on Hull Road (B1233), passing the West Bulls Pub.
- At the next roundabout go straight onto Cottingham Road.
- Go straight ahead at the lights. The University and main entrance are approximately 0.25 miles on your left.
From the A1079 from York
- Go through Bishop Burton, passing the college and the Altisidora pub on your left.
- Continue to a roundabout, take the 3rd exit, signposted ‘A1079 Hull/Humber Bridge’.
- After approximately 1 mile, this becomes a dual carriage way. Half-way along there is a left-hand turn (slip road), signposted ‘Cottingham/Beverley’: take this exit.
- At the end of the slip lane, turn right at the t-junction (signposted ‘Cottingham’).
- Follow the road to a large roundabout and take the first turn left, signposted ‘Cottingham/Hull’ (also ‘The Lawns’).
- The road gradually slopes downhill and you will pass a school on your left, followed by some houses.
- At the small roundabout with the police station on the left, you are at The Lawns.
- Continue straight ahead and you will see signs for ‘Needler Hall’. At the next roundabout, you are at Needler Hall.
- Continue straight over the roundabout, past the BP petrol station.
- Go over railway lines.
- Follow the road straight ahead (road curves twice).
- Go straight over the next roundabout; you are now at Thwaite Hall.
- Go straight across the next roundabout and follow the road straight ahead.
- You will pass the Westbulls pub on your right, continue straight ahead.
- At the roundabout (Lloyds TSB on your left), go straight ahead.
- Pass the Goodfellowship pub on the right and McDonalds on the left; go straight ahead.
- Through the next set of traffic lights, go straight ahead for 100 metres.
- Arrive at the University of Hull (Taylor Court & Student Houses).
Air and sea travel
Regional sea port facilities and airports at Manchester, Leeds/Bradford and Humberside can transport you to Hull from a wide range of locations around Europe and abroad.