EwF at BGS
British Geological Survey
West Mains Road
Tel: +44 (0)131 667 1000
Fax: +44 (0)131 668 2683
Directions by road
The BGS Edinburgh office is on the King’s Buildings Campus of the University of Edinburgh.
If travelling by car from out of town, approach from the city bypass exits at Lothianburn or Straiton at south Edinburgh.
Enter from West Mains Road, University of Edinburgh gate number three. Take the first bend to the right and the BGS car park is the second opening on the right. We have 10 visitors car parking spaces and one disabled parking space.
There are no parking restrictions on West Mains Road at weekends.
Directions by public transport
Lothian Bus services 41 and 38 stop directly outside Murchison House. The most useful of these is the 41 which links directly to Waverley Station.
Please note that only every other 41 terminates at King’s Buildings and passes Murchison House. If the 41 is to Craighouse then alight at Blackford Station; Murchison House is a five-minute walk up Blackford Avenue.
- Lothian Bus 38 timetable
- Lothian Bus 41 timetable
- Lothian Bus 67 timetable (stops at the King’s Buildings)
Other bus routes
- Route 38: stops on West Mains Road
- Routes 24: alight at Blackford Station; Murchison House is a five-minute walk up Blackford Ave.
- Route 42: alight on Mayfield Road; Murchison House is a five-minute walk along West Mains Road.
- Murchison House is a 10-minute walk from Cameron Toll shopping centre, which is served by bus routes 3, 3A, 7, 8, 24, 29, 31, 32, 33, 37, 37A, 38, 42 & 49.
Detailed directions and transport costs
Where to stay
View a list of local accommodation.